Also available in Digital Download with PDF Manual and Digital Download with PRINT Manual
Quickly and easily quantify disease symptoms on plants with Assess 2.0: Image Analysis Software for Plant Disease Quantification. Rapid measurement of leaf area, percent disease, root length, lesion count, percent ground cover, and applications are made simple with this versatile and affordable software. Assess 2.0 introduces automatic measurement (user-independent) of many plant diseases and ground cover, to make disease quantification fast, easy, reliable, and reproducible. Assess 2.0 can also be used as an interactive laboratory tool for real-time length and area measurements of anything that can be imaged (scanned, digital photographs, microscopy, etc.).
The intuitive Windows-based interface makes image analysis and plant disease quantification simple. Assess 2.0 is compatible only with 32-bit Windows Operating systems. Please verify that you are running 32-bit Windows before purchasing. The program supports Twain-compliant imaging devices such as scanners, frame grabbers, or digital cameras for image acquisition, although images can be imported from any computer drive, CD, network, or other applications. Assess 2.0 supports all standard graphic file formats and most non-standard formats.
Accompanied by a textbook-quality user manual with nineteen easy-to-follow tutorials, Assess 2.0 makes learning and training fascinating and fun. Automated installation is hassle-free, allowing users to start working on plant disease quantification immediately. Optimized for use in plant pathology and agronomy, this revolutionary tool produces invaluable results for plant pathologists, agronomists, plant breeders, horticultural scientists, and anyone needing to analyze, quantify, and measure plants and plant diseases.
What’s NEW in Assess 2.0?
- Automatic measurement of many plant disease lesions – No matter who measures the disease lesions, the result will always be the same.
- Automatic measurement of ground cover Agronomists and those interested in measuring ground cover can do so with a single click of the mouse.
Automatic recognition and percent-disease measurement of individual leaves on the same image- This new feature is a real time-saver. You can scan many leaves on the same screen and obtain a disease measurement for each leaf with one click of the mouse.
Simple calibration– Images scanned in Assess 2.0 no longer require calibration. Additionally, if the resolution of an image is known (dpi), the user simply enters the values into Assess 2.0. Physical units of measure can now be converted in Assess 2.0. You can calibrate an image in inches and later select one of 10 units without any calibration.
- Support for all standard and many non-standard file formats for reading and writing– Assess 2.0 can handle over 60 file formats, including several RAW formats for digital cameras. No need to convert images using other software.
- Scanner interface
What’s ENHANCED in Assess 2.0?
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- Rapid measurement of area, percent disease, percent ground cover, lesion count, and root length
- Real-time user interactive tool for area, length, and angle measurement
Assess 2.0 can be used as a real-time digital tool for the measurement of area and lengths. This is a very fast way to measure areas of traced objects, lengths of straight lines, or arbitrarily-shaped curves (such as hyphae and roots).
- Image acquisition from any Twain-compliant device including scanners, digital cameras, and frame grabbers
- Simple macro utility and language to automate tasks and perform batch processing
Related Titles: Assess 2.0: Image Analysis Software for Plant Disease Quantification, Multi-User License and Assess 2.0: Image Analysis Software for Plant Disease Quantification, Single-Site License
Watch the new ASSESS 2.0 Demonstration Video that shows all the new and enhanced features.
To view the demonstration video:
You will need the Windows Media™ Player, a plugin available from Microsoft Corp. If it is already installed on your computer, click on the links to view the clips. If you do not have the Windows Media™ Player, please follow all of the instructions below to obtain a copy of the plugin.
- Click here to go to Microsoft's Windows Media download site.
- Select the appropriate version of the plugin for your computer.
- Select the correct option(s) in the dropdown menus and press the 'Download Now' button.
- When the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to install the plugin and follow the directions on your screen.
- When the setup is finished, the plugin will be installed.
- Click on the link below and the video clip should open automatically.
Assess 2.0 (User Manual) Contents
II. Starting Assess
III. The threshold panel
IV. Working with images: Some basics
V. Working with the Area of Interest (AOI)
VI. Spatial calibration
VII. The spreadsheet
IX. The image histogram
X. Feature extraction
XI. The Digital Ruler
XIII. Macro utility
XIV. Image menu
XVIII. Questions and answers
This is the Single-User License of Assess 2.0: Image Analysis Software for Plant Disease Quantification.
Use of the Program is limited solely to the individual purchaser. It may not be loaned, rented, or otherwise shared with other individuals. The CD-ROM and its content may not reside concurrently on more than one computer and it may not be networked.
Multi-User License: The Multi-User License of the Program may not be networked. It is available for use by an unlimited number of individuals. The Program may be shelved at a single facility to be borrowed by individuals for use in that facility. The disk may not be copied. Multi-User License will be identified on the paid invoice that is shipped with your manual and software.
Single-Site License - Up to 5 Computers: The Single-Site License can be uploaded onto 5 computers. This program may not be networked. Please refer to your invoice for your license agreement where it will say "up to 5 computers/Single-Site".
To verify license:
This Program is a Single-User License unless you purchased the Multi-User License. The specific license you purchased is designated on your invoice or packing slip. If you no longer have your invoice or packing slip and need to identify which license you purchased, please contact email@example.com.
Publish Date: 2008
Format: Spiral bound with companion CD-ROM compatible with PC
Publication Weight: 2 lbs
By Lakhdar LamariAssess 2.0: Image Analysis Software for Plant Disease Quantification (Single User)